11/26/2013 5:33:46 PM
Are you new to TechEd, and wondering what it's really like? Here are the highlights you'll experience at Microsoft TechEd 2014 in Houston. (Hint: Be prepared to start planning your own conference schedule when our content catalog launches in early March.) Check out the TechEd 2014 Conference Agenda and explore last year's session catalog to learn more about what you can expect this year.
Pre-Conference Seminars: Day 0
Choose from 10 Pre-Con Seminar topics and dive right in! Add a Pre-Con to your TechEd Registration and get a full day of in-depth discussion with the experts.
Keynote Session: Day 1
Grab your coffee and hear the latest strategy and roadmap from Microsoft senior leadership in the TechEd Keynote.
Foundational Sessions: Day 1
Learn about the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Microsoft products and technologies in Foundational Sessions delivered by Microsoft senior executives.
TechExpo Welcome Reception: Day 1
Join Microsoft product team members, partners, and your fellow attendees at the TechExpo Welcome Reception. Explore the latest products and technologies from TechEd sponsors and exhibitors, meet with Microsoft product groups, and enjoy food and drinks with the community.
Women in Technology Luncheon: Day 3
Join a diverse panel discussion to hear insights and experiences at the Women in Technology Luncheon.
Jam Sessions: Day 2
Jump on stage and jam with us at TechEd Jam Sessions—as we take over a local night spot and rock the house.
TechExpo Happy Hour: Day 3
Who doesn't like happy hour? Join Microsoft product groups from the MSE and TechEd Sponsors and Exhibitors for happy hour in the TechExpo.
TechEd Closing Party: Day 4
Get ready for an amazing night at the TechEd Closing Party—you won't want to miss it!
The Core of TechEd
In addition to the highlighted activities above, TechEd offers a depth of experience you'll find nowhere else. Throughout the week, you'll learn, connect, and explore a comprehensive array of sessions, labs, and networking opportunities that are all part of the daily offering at TechEd.
Breakout Sessions and Instructor-led Labs
Dive into technical sessions with expert speakers throughout the afternoon. Take advantage of ILLs where you can get hands-on experience with the guidance of experienced instructors.
Help us give back to the Houston community at Offsite Community Outreach on Sunday, and through Onsite Community Outreach opportunities, weekdays at the convention center.
Experience Microsoft technologies at your own pace in the HOLs. (Last year, there were more than 180 different lab titles!)
Microsoft Certification Testing
Prepare for and take Certification exams—and get 50% off the regular exam price! Access free Practice Tests, take an Exam Prep session, and get your last-minute questions answered by MCT Ambassadors. Attend the Microsoft Certification and You session, to get started.
TechEd Conference Store and Bookstore
Pick up souvenirs and the latest titles from your favorite author's at the Conference Store and Bookstore. Have your books signed by the author at Book Signings throughout the week.
TechExpo: Partner Solutions & Microsoft Solutions Experience
Networking is a key value of TechEd, and the TechExpo is a valuable resource for contacts and information. Learn about the latest solutions and product offerings from Sponsors and Exhibitors, and meet with Microsoft Product Groups in the Microsoft Solutions Experience.
More to experience at TechEd:
- Alumni Lounge
- Best of TechEd Awards
- Bookstore Signings
- Channel 9 Live at TechEd
- Conference Store and Bookstore
- Onsite Community Outreach
- Platinum Partner Presentations
- Speaker Idol
Have you registered for TechEd 2014?
The Early Bird gets the savings. That's US$300 off the standard registration fee when you register by December 31, 2013. Register today and start planning your TechEd experience!
Consider starting a day early with a Pre-Conference Seminar on Sunday, May 10. Explore this year's topics and expert speakers, and add a Pre-Con to your conference agenda.
11/21/2013 5:48:42 PM
Learn from the masters. Join some the industry's leading experts at one of 10 all-day Pre-Conference Seminars, presented Sunday, May 11, 9:00am-5:00pm, at Microsoft TechEd North America in Houston.
Presented the day before the conference opens, Pre-Cons offer a unique opportunity to extend your learning experience at TechEd with a full day of focused discussion led by the rock stars of our industry. Seminars focus on topics most relevant to today's technology professionals, and content is designed to provide you with a deep knowledge base and skills that you can apply to your immediate business needs.
Attending a Pre-Con is an investment ($400 for TechEd attendees and $500 for Pre-Conference Seminar only) that lays a foundation to help you get more out of sessions and labs throughout the week. And, they offer the chance to tap into the knowledge and insights of speakers—many of whom are published authors who, literally, wrote the book(s) on their subject. You may be inspired to pick up a few of their titles to read before the conference!
Explore complete seminar descriptions for the TechEd Pre-Conference line-up (below), and be sure to read the speaker bios and visit their blogs.
- PRC01 | Hacking and Hardening Windows Infrastructure Workshop Join three distinguished Enterprise Security MVPs and top TechEd speakers for a knowledge boost about the most current security issues and countermeasures in the Windows ecosystem. Presented by: Hasain Alshakarti, Paula Januszkiewicz, Marcus Murray
- PRC02 | From Code to Release: DevOps for Developers Learn how to make shipping a feature you check off every time you finish your work. We take a .NET web application and show you how to ship locally and to Windows Azure as often as you want. Presented by: Mickey Goussett, Brian Randell
- PRC03 | A Day of the Latest Microsoft ASP.NET and Windows Azure Developer Enhancements Journey through the new features Microsoft has built into the ASP.NET Web Stack and Visual Studio 2013. Presented by: Brady Gaster, Scott Hunter
- PRC04 | Modernizing WPF Line-of-Business Applications This seminar is focused on showing .NET client developers, particularly Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) developers, how to modernize their Line-of-Business applications. Presented by: Robert Green
- PRC05 | DevOps: An IT Professional's Guide Learn hands-on about a variety of integrated solutions from Microsoft which can help you embrace a virtuous cycle of Plan-Develop-Release-Operate and establish a high-trust relationship between your development and operations teams. Presented by: David Tesar, Morgan Webb
- PRC06 | Deploying and Managing Windows in the Real World What does it take for organizations to deploy and manage Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone? This all-day seminar walks you through the entire process. Presented by:Ben Hunter, Michael Niehaus, Mikael Nystrom
- PRC07 | Installing Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Like a Pro Learn what you should consider when planning your SharePoint 2013 farm. Then, dig in and walk through a full farm installation. Presented by: Todd Klindt, Shane Young
- PRC08 | Delivering On-Premises Self-Service Solutions with the Windows Azure Pack for Windows Server Gain a deep understanding of the WAP technology, including building WaaS, DaaS, and IaaS solutions and integration automation for efficiency. Presented by: Bradley Bartz, Ryan O'Hara, Marc Umeno
- PRC09 | Hybrid Identity in a World of Consumerization Discover how ADFS and the Web Application proxy in Windows Server 2012 R2 combines with Active Directory, partner identity, Windows Azure Active Directory identity services, and create solutions that will take identity into the future. Presented by: John Craddock
- PRC10 | Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager in the Real World: Notes from the Field Join two of the world's foremost Configuration Manager 2012 R2 experts in a dazzling seminar on how to use Configuration Manager 2012 R2 in the real world. Presented by: Kent Agerlund, Johan Arwidmark
Have you registered for TechEd 2014?
Remember, when you register before December 31, 2013, you'll save $300 off your TechEd conference registration fee. Take advantage of Early Bird savings, and you'll cover most of the cost of a Pre-Conference Seminar.
If you've already registered for TechEd, it's not too late to add a Pre-Con to your agenda!
11/5/2013 3:40:27 PM
Join us for Microsoft TechEd North America, May 12-15, 2014 in Houston, Texas. Registration is now open, with special Early Bird savings of US$300 off the standard fee when you register on or before December 31, 2013.
Take advantage of special savings and realize the tremendous value of TechEd: four days packed with opportunities to learn from industry experts through Breakouts, Hands-on and Instructor-led Labs, Keynotes, Foundational Sessions, and social networking opportunities.
Make the most of your investment in TechEd by adding a Pre-Conference Seminar and taking onsite Microsoft Certification training and exams.
Pre-Conference Seminars are all-day workshops led by Microsoft and industry influential, going in-depth on today's hot topics. Add a Pre-Con to your conference schedule and start learning when the doors open. Check the Catalog for Pre-Conference Seminar titles, abstracts, and speaker bios.
Microsoft Certification at TechEd allows you to study for, practice, and achieve your Microsoft Certifications all in one place—with in-person assistance from Microsoft Certified Trainers—at 50% off the regular price, for registered attendees.
More details on TechEd 2014 content will come soon. If you're not yet a TechEd Insider, sign up for the TechEd Insiders Newsletter, and be among the first to hear the latest conference news and updates.
Be the Early Bird who gets $300 off. Register today.
10/3/2013 4:20:36 PM
We're kicking off the 2014 Countdown Show series! Episode #1 of the 2014 countdown season has Joey Snow and Rick Claus returning as co-hosts after having their countdown show contract renewed. We've got the details on TechEd 2014 (May 12th - May 15th) in Houston, Texas.
Some of the breaking news we cover in this episode:
- In The Cloud blog post by Corporate Vice President Brad Anderson on the merger of MMS and TechEd.
- Introducing the TechEd 2014 Blog - get the latest breaking news about all things TechEd
- Early Bird registration opens November 5th, 2014. Save $300 off regular price!
- Need some TechEd talking points? Convince Your Boss email copy available
- Interested in becoming an exhibitor? Email the Expo team
10/1/2013 8:12:54 AM
If you haven’t heard, TechEd 2014 North America is heading to Houston on May 12–15. Four days of mingling with other developers and IT professionals in the Lone Star State is a great way to bring tons of expertise home to your company. But how do you get your boss to see it that way? Here are some talking points.
You’re not just learning from experts, but from experts who create Microsoft technologies
These aren’t just run-of-the-mill tutorials you’ll be going through. TechEd North America brings in Microsoft experts and industry influentials to lead sessions and forward-thinking discussions. You’ll be learning from the best about the wide spectrum of Microsoft technologies and enterprise solutions.
Meeting with thought leaders in person is a chance to build thought leadership for your company
You’ll come home full of insight on what’s happening in your industry. Your TechEd takeaways may even help you get an edge over your competition. TechEd also gives you invaluable expertise and insights that your clients and customers will love.
You’ll get to network with other experts and your peers
Someone you meet at TechEd could help your work for years to come. With this much talent congregating in one area, there’s sure to be someone who has the drive and passion akin to your own. This is your chance to build relationships with some of the top minds in the industry.
The scope that TechEd North America covers is vast, but these points alone should be enough to sway your boss. You can also let him or her know that early registration opens November 5 and if you register before December 31 you’ll save $300.
For more talking points, visit our convince your boss page
10/1/2013 8:07:02 AM
TechEd North America is set to make its return May 12 — 15, 2014, in Houston. This is the chance for developers and IT professionals to come together for a communal mind meld. Product evaluations, technical education, and a wealth of community resources are just a few of the things attendees can expect to engage with.
Be a Part of Tradition
TechEd has been going steady for more than 20 years, pushing the boundaries of innovation and building up the larger technology community. You won’t want to miss out. Between industry experts presenting and the other attendees themselves, it’s rare that you’ll find this amount of expertise all in the same room.
Be a Part of What’s Next
This year the TechEd and MMS communities will be coming together for one rich experience.We will continue to provide the rich experience and deep technical content you’ve come to expect, while expanding the opportunities to interact with other professionals across the breadth of Microsoft technologies.
Register Early and Save
Early registration opens November 5. Registering before December 31 saves you $300.
Mark your calendars. This year promises to be remarkable. See you in Houston.
Visit the TechEd site for more details.